Winn Parish Medical Center offers a Hospitalist program guaranteeing that a physician is on staff anytime you are admitted to our hospital or while you are a patient with us. A hospitalist works in association with your primary care physician to share information on treatment needs, options and to monitor the patient’s progress. Because they are in-hospital at all times, a hospitalist can interact with patients several times daily during the patient’s stay. This not only helps better guide a patient’s treatment program and care but also is of great benefit to the patient’s family when they need information relating to their loved one’s care and progress.
OUR HOSPITALIST PROGRAM FEATURES:
- Access to physician upon emergency admission
- 7 days a week physician coverage
- Certified Internal Medicine and Family Medicine Physicians
- Availability to patient in medical crisis situation
- Overall coordination of care while patient is in hospital
- Consults with primary care physician or specialist upon discharge to better promote the continuum of patient care.